Please help! My iPhone 4 Screen!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ZakBrandonJake, Jun 8, 2011.

1. ZakBrandonJake macrumors member

Hey there guys, reacently I had my iPhone 4 Screen replaced for 90 pounds! It wasn't a good job it had pressure marks when I used the slightest force! He said he used real OME parts, but when I put a black image on the screen in a black room, there appeard to be little lines down the screen the pixels, when I had my friends iPhone 4 it never did this!

My iPhone 4 Screen came off! It wasn't proparly glued to the frame and came of ripping the cable for it, at the time I didn't know what to do I was down to the back light, the Retina 'OME' LCD screen was cracked, no the glass the accual LCD...

The LCD on it had a dead pixel but when the screen came off on the back light there was a black mark like this '.'.

Here are some pictures, if anyone could offer me suggestions looks like the iPhone black light is scrached and I cannot seem to find a replacement I can't go to a apple store because I live too far away from one. Here are the pictures..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you can give any suggestions please do :)

Thanks!

Too with my :apple: iPad 2 :D

2. jasvncnt macrumors 6502

Looks like whoever did it jacked your phone. Look on Ebay for a new.

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Yeah that's ****ed. Get new parts from eBay and do the job urself.

4. The Tos macrumors 6502a

Sorry about your luck. Any chance of a refund?

5. ZakBrandonJake thread starter macrumors member

Today I went to apple and they said they could have replaced it if I haden't of had it done 3rd party **** this bull ****!

6. Gadgetgeezer macrumors regular

I have fixed loads of these. That is one shoddy job. It can be fixed by changing it again properly taking care. It doesn't matter if oem or copy. The touch screen and digitiser is one bonded unit. To separate them is totally mad.

7. ratzzo macrumors 6502a

ratzzo

Erm.. why did you prefer third parties to the ones who actually crafted the phone in the first place :confused:?? Check for the serial, see if it's your own phone or it was swapped with a bad one, or go back and tell them what lousy job they did and ask for a refund. The bad thing about these third party fixes are that they don't offer any guarantees... Good luck :/

8. ZakBrandonJake thread starter macrumors member

Does anyone happen to know if the new white iPhone digitizer will be good quality retina display? And if I need a new bezel or does the Digitizer assembly come with one?

9. Gadgetgeezer macrumors regular

Yes it is good quality - well the ones I have are. It comes with white frame - well it should do. You will need a white back, white headphone jack, white dock and white home button to make it authentic.

10. ZakBrandonJake thread starter macrumors member

I recived my iPhone white screen today, dissassembled my iPhone , put it on reassembled the felxie connecting wire from the digitizer assembly woulden't strech, undid the annoying little screws, the connecting wire would not go stright! When ever I put it in it would move to the side even if I held it or pulled it. It was definitly the right size why is this happening! lool :D

11. draftcrazy macrumors newbie

screen repair

Hey Gadgetgeezer, please email me at draftcrazyny@optonline.net I need my phone repaired and live near you I think