please help.. my iPhone is erased.backup doesn't show.files are there!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by falconb, Jun 5, 2014.

1. falconb macrumors member

hello,

guys I need help and any help will appreciated.

I updated my iPhone 5 (model A1428) to iOS 8 beta 1 (with a proper license) using itunes and I backed up the iPhone just in case the itunes erases it.

well, it didn't and the iPhone was fine and everything was in place and I didn't need to "restore from backup".

and today when I decided I wanted to downgrade to iOS 7 I did the same procedures and I backed up the iPhone.

but this time I found the iPhone erased (there is only one app that shouldn't be there by default) so I tried to "restore from backup".

and here is the problem, although the itunes says "last backup today 11:47 AM to this computer", the backup doesn't show on the list and the closest backup on the list is about 9 months ago and not just that, the space the applications used to take on the iPhone is still taken (not Free) but instead of classifying it as "apps" it's classified as "others" but i can't find them.

I restarted the iPhone but it doesn't work...

please help...

"the images attached to the post may clarify more"

Attached Files:

2. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

3. falconb thread starter macrumors member

yes, but this doesn't explain the other things

thank you

4. Xenomorph macrumors 65816

Xenomorph

All you can do is learn from this.

Also, learn to take multiple backups. If one fails you have another. If the second fails you can still recovery files from it.

iBackupBot and iExplorer will allow you to selectively restore data from a backup.