Please help. My mac is waking from sleep

Discussion in 'iMac' started by christfit43, Jul 19, 2014.

1. christfit43 macrumors newbie

Ok this has been annoying me for the past couple days and I couldnt find no solution. it has really been bothering me. Now right when it woke up again i opened up my console and i found this. i think this might be the problem.

When i open console. there was a message that my mac was trying to sync with yahoo but im not registered to sync. I c with yahoo. How can i disable this. I think this is the problem.

Attached Files:

2. christfit43 thread starter macrumors newbie

It jus woke up on its own again and i checked console and there was nothing on there just exiited with exit code1. its really starting to annoy me. im gonna unplug my mouse. See if thats what it is. i jus bought it recently. Like a week ago. before that i didnt have these problems. it is a cheapo.

3. hfg macrumors 68040

hfg

Have you verified that "Wake on Network Access" is unchecked on the "SystemPreferences / EnergySaver" page.

It could also be a Bluetooth mouse or other device that sends a signal when it goes to sleep that wakes your computer.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS5357

4. chrfr macrumors 603

You may have Power Nap enabled, depending on which computer you have. Look in the Energy Saver settings.
    Also, you seem to have installed Samba, which is not starting properly, hence the "throttling respawn" log entries. You should also troubleshoot that as it's not desirable to have that going on.

5. christfit43 thread starter macrumors newbie

It jus woke up on its own again without the usb mouse connected after 27 minutes, I was hoping it was the mouse and i would jus go buy another better one. I've already checked that network access is off. Hmm I dont know what else to do. Thank you tho.

----------

How do i take off that samba. I dont even know what that is.

----------

No i dont have powernap.

6. hfg macrumors 68040

hfg

If you look in "SystemPreferences / Users&Group" and select the "Login Items" on your username page, do you see any items relating to Yahoo? You might delete them if so.

7. christfit43 thread starter macrumors newbie

No i sure dont. Thank you.

I know my mac waking on its own is not such a big deal but its really annoying when Im asleep and it comes on in the middle of the night.

8. chrfr macrumors 603

Open Macintosh HD, then Library/LaunchDaemons. What do you have in that folder?
    Did you install any software that enables Windows file sharing, like SMBup?

9. hfg macrumors 68040

hfg

10. christfit43 thread starter macrumors newbie

no i didnt install any windows sharing
    heres a screenshot of my launchdeamons

Attached Files:

11. christfit43 thread starter macrumors newbie

I did a pram reset to see if that helps. hopefully it does

12. christfit43 thread starter macrumors newbie

I also did a smc reset. if it worked or not i do not know. It dooesnt indicate if it was done or not.

13. christfit43 thread starter macrumors newbie

still having the same problem after doing a pram and smc reset. It's rally annoying me and wasting my time haha

14. alksion macrumors 68000

alksion

Just out of curiosity, do you have "put hard disks to sleep when possible" checked?

Do you have any accidental wake up schedule set in energy saver preferences?

15. christfit43 thread starter macrumors newbie

yes put hard disk to sleep when possible is checked

16. hfg macrumors 68040

hfg

You might create a new user account and then see if it does the same thing when logged in as that user. That way you will know if it is system-wide, or something in your personal environment.

-howard

17. christfit43 thread starter macrumors newbie

whenever i do a terminal command to see why my mac wakes up this is what it says

Attached Files:

18. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

Maybe turn off file/screen sharing in the sharing preferences?

19. campyguy macrumors 68030

I've done all of the above with no success. And, I also use Adobe Creative Cloud. I can't help you with Yahoo sync.

What I have done recently that has worked 100 percent of the time is to disable the "Allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer" in 3 of the 4 user accounts I use on my Mac (my administrator account, my main workspace account, and my general "surfing" account - I also have an account that I use for my financial work but never put my Mac to sleep in that account).

Since I disabled that BT preference option - no more wake ups, no more kernel panics, no more freezing - going on 4 weeks now. The only user space I can't disable that BT preference option is the login screen, where I still do see wake ups. I've done this on my 3 Macs now and not one wake up or kernel panic in 4 weeks.

I saw wake ups in my Console logs while the option was checked, centered around the BT Hub. With the option unchecked, I left my Mac logged in to my "surfing" account - I put it to sleep last night at 7:26, and woke it up at 1:07 this afternoon, with no waking. Perfect.

20. christfit43 thread starter macrumors newbie

yes thats what i did. I never turned on screen sharing before. I never had this problem either. It seems to have fixed the problem. My computer slept for a hour till i woke it myself. Im glad it's fixed for now. what is screen sharing for.

21. superbutters macrumors newbie

I'm gonna go out on a crazy limb here and just throw a few possible ideas out there, so please bear with me as I attempt to gather more information/resolve this issue with you.

These questions would be helpful for sure:

Do you have any wireless printers that are connected to the unit? Considering that the org.samba.smbd is continually running and respawning?

Additionally, with the actual (.yahooconduit.yahooservices) after doing a bit of searching it seems like either you have a Yahoo! account set up in the system preferences under Internet Accounts which is trying to sync contacts. It could also be due to the installation of Yahoo! Messenger, there's possibly a sync feature for your contacts *I'm not 100% sure about this as I don't use Yahoo!

Check the following places to see if you actually have Conduit installed which is a really annoying Malware type application that will convert your search to search.conduit.com and screw up a lot of things. Check for that in the following places:

/Library/Application Support/Conduit
    ~/Library/Application Support/Conduit
    /Applications/Toolbars

Regardless, something is going on where the machine is not fully going to sleep properly. Have you noticed extended times for the machine to go to sleep or wake from sleep?

If you're running 10.6 or Higher go into Terminal and run: pmset -g log

Look for things with high ms, sort of like 30000ms which could be indicative of a hang, if you want to post a screen capture of that, could be helpful as well.

Additionally, I'd cross post this in OS X software section as well since it could be either hardware or software.

Best of luck.