Please Help: my MBP dont turn on after plugging USB cable

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by joeycasilla, Dec 15, 2013.

1. joeycasilla macrumors newbie

joeycasilla

My MBP was running very well this evening when i started to plug in a usb cable from a portable speaker then it shuts down and i can no longer turn it on,,. I tried to connect my charger but it gets me a dim light blinking not as the usual bright orange/green color when plugging charger. Please advise for any quick fix before i bring it to apple. Too bad i am no longer cover for warranty.

Also, my dvd stuck on it, wher it was only rented from a shop, any methods to eject to dvd also as i need to return back as well. What a bad night...:(:(:(

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

3. joeycasilla thread starter macrumors newbie

joeycasilla

Resolve:) Remove the battery and check if it boots powered only by the magsafe (don't screw it back together - just reassemble on a flat safe surface before applying power- you'll want to put the battery back eventually). If it boots gracefully shut down, remove the magsafe and reconnect the battery... TADA! Works like a charm,, save few hundreds $$$ if i brought for repair.. I take urgent leave though. Haha,, can sleep peacefully now. :D

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

But be smart and backup your Mac while it is still running.