PLEASE HELP!! My phone wants me to enter a passcode to use

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jasperk99, Nov 14, 2009.

1. jasperk99 macrumors regular

I have version 3.1.2 jailbroken with blackrain Iphone 3GS ; it has been jailbroken since blackrain came out; today out of know where my phone is asking for a passcode. I can't do anything except emergency calls; what should I do

Please help

2. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Somehow I doubt the validity of your story. Passcodes just don't set themselves.

3. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

Enter the passcode.

(It should be noted here that you can't set up the iPhone to demand a passcode without first creating one.)

4. jasperk99 thread starter macrumors regular

I have no reason to not tell the truth; I have never created a passcode; I don't know how to create a passcode

5. Bakakage macrumors 6502

Well might as well restore then, or you can try stuff like 12345, etc.

6. jasperk99 thread starter macrumors regular

When I plugged my phone in; it automatically did a backup; if I restore from that backup will it still have that passcode in there or will I have to set back to the default settings? I do have a previous backup from August I can try that too. What do you recommend

7. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Either you or someone with physical access to your phone set up a passcode. You're locked out unless you can figure out the passcode. DFU restore is the next step.

8. tryppy macrumors member

Someone may have put one on behind your back. Did you lend your phone to anyone recently to make a call or anything?

9. jasperk99 thread starter macrumors regular

Its weird, because I just did a regular itunes restore and restored the backup that it had just made when I had plugged it in before; and it seems to work now; Also weird is that my voicemail and wifi passwords were gone; but once I reentered them they now work. I thought a regular restore would not work if a passcode was on there? Could someone have possibly hacked into my phone with SSH without me knowing it; I never changed the SSH password......

10. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Well, restoring from a backup shouldn't have removed your voicemail and wifi passwords (unless, I guess, you didn't have the passwords set when you backed up).

11. jasperk99 thread starter macrumors regular

They did reset though; and my exchange has reset as well it asking for that password too

12. jasperk99 thread starter macrumors regular

Everything on my phone that required a password has reset; facebook, tweetie,slingbox, exchange, voicemail, wifi. Is it possible for someone to steal my passwords via ssh? If it is even possible that this happened through SSH I wonder if it is safe to re jailbreak

13. Bakakage macrumors 6502

Did you connect your iphone to any public wifispots recently or ever?

14. jasperk99 thread starter macrumors regular

I have

15. iPhone-power macrumors 6502a

Unfortunately this is just another example of how important it is to change the SSH passwords.

16. Bakakage macrumors 6502

Yeah, well its pretty much safe to jailbreak, but you gotta change your shh passwords if you use ssh. Heres how you do it

17. darngooddesign macrumors G3

You might want to do this from now on.