Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madmartigan

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2008
I have burned ML to a single layer DVD, does this mean that if I install ML I will be missing features since ML original file size was 4.7 and now I shrunk it too 4.3 so I can get it on the single layer DVD

----------

Ps I am using the disk to do a clean install

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012
I have burned ML to a single layer DVD, does this mean that if I install ML I will be missing features since ML original file size was 4.7 and now I shrunk it too 4.3 so I can get it on the single layer DVD
Did you shrink it by deleting files? If not, no worries.

jacg

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2003
UK
I'd heard it didn't fit on a DVD SL. I can't imagine the install would start without all the files.

But you're right, it is 4.34 GB. I guess different file systems store things differently, so maybe that's why you need DL or an 8 GB stick.

madmartigan

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2008
No there is an article on the Internet showing how to do it that's how I got it to fit on a DVD
Here is the site
http://www.hightechdad.com/2012/07/25/how-to-create-a-bootable-mountain-lion-os-x-10-8-installation-dvd-or-usb-drive/

I am just wondering if this makes it so I will be missing some things out of ml

madmartigan

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2008
Can anyone check out that site and see if ml still retains its full properties when put on a single layer dvd

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.