Please Help! Need to create this video file soon.

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by bli625, May 24, 2009.

1. bli625 macrumors 6502a

bli625

I have 4 VOBs that I ripped from a Concert DVD. There were originally eight pieces on the DVD but I only needed the first 4 tracks. I'm now trying to make a DVD with those 4 VOBs as 4 different chapters but I can't seem to figure out how to do this. Anyone know how to accomplish this?

I've tried Toast, Nero, Tmpgenc, and other freeware utilities but I can't seem to get the job done.

I have OSX 10.5.7 and Windows XP within VMware.

Thanks.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Do you have iDVD?

If so, you could use MPEG Streamclip to demux the .vob files to one .m2v and one .aiff/.mp3/... file, and then import them into iDVD.

iDVD should be able to create chapters.

But it may also be, that the software you're using, doesn't like to take 4 .vob (video/audio) files and create one track, so that chapters can be applied.

What about Adobe Encore? There should be a 30 days trial on Adobe's download page. You definitely should be able to do it with that software, as DVD Studio Pro is capable of doing that.

3. bli625 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bli625

Thanks for the info.

VisualHub actually did what i wanted to do. I just dragged my VOBs and made a DVD and it automatically made each separate VOB a different chapter.