Please help - newbie needs direction- Trust me I'm a doctor

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by doctortrojan, Jan 31, 2012.

1. doctortrojan macrumors newbie

:(:(

I tried this and instead of getting validated by apple it now won't connect. i am a doctor and need my cell phone to return calls. i don't understand what to do i tried using red snow and it gives me an error. what should i do please help me if you can.

sincerely
    a friend in need :eek:

P.S. i can donate to your charity redsnow or ultraslow or whoever can help me with this would really like to have my phone back and now i regret trying to upgrade from jailbroken 4.0.1 version which i had been using since i got the phone nearly 2 years ago i always seem to ruin my phone or lose my phone usually drop it in water this time i guess i electronically ruined it...maybe there is hope ....:(:D

2. germanguy macrumors regular

I am not quite sure I understand what your exact problem is? You have jailbroken your iphone with rednsow and now you don't have service?

3. romeo0119 macrumors 6502

Trust u, ur a doctor? What does that have anything to do w anything? We would help you even if ur a janitor....anyway put your phone into dfu mode, restore to the lastest firmware, which is 5.0.1 now, then you can proceed with jail breaking.

4. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Yeah, we need more details --

Is this an iPhone 2G, 3G, 3GS or 4?
    What's the current installed version of iOS?
    What carrier are you trying to use your phone on?
    Is your phone locked to another carrier?
    If you can get to Settigns>General>About what is the Modem Firmware version listed there?

Just a bit of advice for the future because I'm feeling pissy this morning (I blame my pneumonia) -- an anonymous stranger claiming to be a doctor or promising to donate to charity on the Internet really isn't any more likely to get help than any other anonymous stranger.