Please help! No data network after upgrading to 4.3.3

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by chopsuix, Oct 22, 2011.

1. chopsuix macrumors newbie

I just upgraded my iphone 4 from 4.2.1 to 4.3.3. I used pwnage to keep my baseband at 03.10.01.

My phone before the upgrade was locked to my current carrier and I didn't need any type of unlock. AFter the upgrade, I restored from backup to get all my apps back and i used aptbackup to get all my cydia stuff back. Once my phone had everything back on it, i noticed that only wifi was connected. For some reason it won't connect to my carrier and i'm stuck with 1 bar in the top left hand corner.

Should i downgrade to 4.3.2? I don't understand. It wasn't soft unlocked before and now it won't even connect to my carrier?

(update)
    should there have been an activation thing popping up? Does this mean my phone isn't activated yet?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That's because you created a hactivated ipsw so you wont get any service on official carrier that way.
    You gotta make a new one using pwnage and uncheck the box that say's "activate the phone"

[​IMG]

3. chopsuix thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I decided to go through the steps again and then unchecked the box. Thanks for the reply though. I thought by checking the box it helped retain old baseband but I guess by using pwnagetools it automatically does it while creating the custom firmware.

Im a little confused as to what the box does though. Lets say i buy a phone which is locked to sprint. I however am a virgin customer. I would have unlocked the phone to use it with virgin. But when I check that box does that mean I would only be able to use it with virgin and not be able to swap between the two even though the phone is unlocked?

4. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

You're using the wrong analogy.
    You buy a phone locked to AT&T. You want to use it with t-mobile. You don't have the sim card for AT&T. You hacktivate to get past the initial screen.
    Activate-hacktivates the phone