Please Help!!! "No Service" Message!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tangledweb16, Sep 11, 2008.

1. tangledweb16 macrumors regular

tangledweb16

OK, so I just was using my iPhone 3G and I looked in the upper left hand corner and it had the "No Service" message in place of carrier name etc.

Now it had service less than half an hour ago, as I talked to a friend, and I've checked two other cell phones and they both have service. What happened?

I've tried turning Airplane mode off and on several times. I even restarted the phone, but nothing. Is this a serious problem? Thanks.

2. tangledweb16 thread starter macrumors regular

tangledweb16

Anyone? I did a few searches and couldn't find anything.

Like I said, two other phones in my house work just fine. Any suggestions or ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

3. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

I have found that this phone for some reason takes forever to pick up service sometimes. Once in a while ill lose service and ill place that phone in a spot where i know i get service and itll still take a good couple minutes, just give it time

4. tangledweb16 thread starter macrumors regular

tangledweb16

Yeah... it's been a couple hours since it happened and still nothing. I have 3G turned off (as I don't get 3G where I am) and it simply cannot get an EGDE/GPRS signal. I think something may be broken inside the iPhone. This has never happened before.

5. Ninja Guidan macrumors regular

Did you upgrade to 2.0.2 yet? My wife had a similar issue yesterday. She couldn't get a 3G signal but could get an EDGE signal. Mine worked fine and both phones were in the same room pretty close to each other. I didn't update her phone to 2.0.2 so I tried that and it worked. Probably a phone reboot would have done the trick as well but what the heck, right?

6. pyrodex macrumors 6502

pyrodex

Try turning on Airplane mode and waiting a few moments then turning it off.