Please help!!!no service on both iphones

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Indespair, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Indespair macrumors newbie

Hello to all Iphone fans!
    I have been using my Iphone 4 for nearly a year now and I decided to change it to Iphone 4 white and sell my Iphone 4 black.
    I have now 2 Iphones 4 and none is working.. I will describe what happened:

Both telephones I bought from eBay.

White Iphone 4 is completely new and the seller told me that it is factory unlocked. I inserted my sim - there is a message that the sim card is not compatible etc...
    So I downloaded redsnow and jailbroke it, then rebooted it - nothing..NO SERVICE
    It even stopped working until I recovered it with Itunes and same time upgraded it to 5.1.1...
    Now the phone is active but still NO SERVICE.. I jailbroke it many times and recovered it with Itunes many times. I installed Cydia and added repo.iparelhos.com following instructions from youtube.. and still - NO SERVICE...

This was about my new white Iphone..

Now I ll tell about my old black Iphone 4. It has a gevey and worked very good until today - I connected it to Itunes and updated it to 5.1.1..
    It lost its unlock, I jailbroke it again like white Iphone, it didnt help..
    I even dont know what ios it was before...:confused:

and now I have both phones with NO SERVICE..:(:(:(

I searched everywhere and I couldnt find any good help on how to return back to life my phones...:(

Can you please help? I dont want to believe that there is nothing to be done...
    Thank you!!!!

2. seanwebb68 macrumors 6502

OK first jailbreaking and unlocking (any sim/network) are different

For you white iphone will need what ever the latest gravy sim works with your baseband

The black iphone probably won't work with your current gravy sim because when you updated the os which updated your baseband...(you should have preservered this during the update process - to late now) so you will need to do buy a gravy sim that works with your current baseband now.

3. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

As you upgraded both phones to 5.1.1 without preserving the Baseband you can't unlock them anymore.

You'll have to wait for an new Gevey SIM interposer or as software unlock, both are unlikely to hapen anytime soon.