Please HELP, Phone continues to reboot !!! need to pull info off it prior to restore

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iToNe24, Feb 11, 2012.

1. iToNe24 macrumors regular

iToNe24

HeLLo Guru's ... I hope someone can fill me in on how to pull information off my rebooting iPhone 4s.

I installed AlertArtist and SMS+ and then reboot device and now it goes into a continuous reboot. I could not find a way to make iphone reboot into safe mode so i can disable those apps.

I know i can put device into DFU mode and restore from iTunes but i wanted to pull some info off the phone prior to restoring... If i plug in phone to computer, is there a way to ssh through like USB and pull files off prior to restoring? i dont think so ... just wifi network

i tried to ssh via WiFi but with no luck ... timeout error ...

2. normanbates macrumors regular

The info you need, isn't it already backed up?

Surely it's on your iCloud since it backs up periodically when connected to a power source and a WiFi connection.

Other than that there is nothing you can do because every time you try to retrieve the data it is going to crash when the phone reboots as it won't have had time to get the data properly.

Is the 4S jailbroken? Or are the apps genuine from the app store? Is the 4S and your current iOS version supported by the developer? If the answer is yes to the jailbreak then you can do nothing other than restore and hope it is ok otherwise if the apps are genuine and your device and iOS version are supported then you need to contact Apple and/or the developer for assistance in retrieving the info as this shouldn't happen on genuine apps

3. iToNe24, Feb 11, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2012

iToNe24 thread starter macrumors regular

iToNe24

Jailbroken

i dont think my lastest photos were backed up and i wanted to retrieve all my ifile bookmarks which are not backed up to icloud. i also use photoalbum+ and i am not sure all those albums are backed up to the cloud with photostream.

i just want to make sure there is no way to get info from my device before i have no other choice then restore back to factory

i was looking to disable the mobile subtrate to one of the apps with ssh then reboot
    right now it is just sitting on a black screen with a frozen circle (like the loading circle), but circle is not moving

4. normanbates macrumors regular

If you can't get the handset to stop rebooting then no you can't get anything off it.

If its a tethered jailbreak you could try and connect it to Cydia to see if that will get it working

5. iToNe24 thread starter macrumors regular

iToNe24

it is untethered JB ..... its iphone 4s
    how do u connect to cydia ? the phone is just stuck on that loading screen
    even if i try and reset it

6. normanbates macrumors regular

You may need to re-jailbreak then mate via redsn0w or something. My uncle had the same problem with his 3GS when he tried to undo the jailbreak. I tried everything but couldn't get it fixed so he had to take it to a shop that managed it, however it restored to factory settings.

Try putting it into DFU mode and do the restore

7. karxios macrumors newbie

don't fogot to back up your data

How to Transfer the iPhone/ipod/itouch to computer

Tools required: Phone/iPod/iTouch to Computer Transfer
    Before you run our program, please be sure you have installed iTunes on your computer, and you can manage your ipod device with no problem.
    Step1.
    After your iPhone/iPod/iTouch connected to pc, Launch the program you will see the right UI. Normally, the program will search the device automatically. If the device is enabled, the files (songs/movies/photos) will be shown in the list.

Step2.
    Choose the list and files you want to transfer , Click the Export button.

Step3.
    After you clicking the Export button, the following window will pop up, you can choose transferring to computer or iTunes directly. You can set the output folder at Advanced->Options before transferring..

Step4.
    When the transferring finished, the following window will pop up. It shows that how many files have been done. You can click the OK button to view the output files.