Please Help!! Please :) (Is This RAM Compatible?)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by NicolsR, Jan 28, 2008.

1. NicolsR macrumors newbie

Right here goes, I have a PowerMac G4 Quicksilver 867 Mhz, with just 512mb of ram, i neeed more!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/512MB-SDRAM-P...goryZ172QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I think im going to buy this but i would like someone to like check it cause i really dont need to break my mac lol. So could one of you nice people tell me if it would work with my system and if it dosent recommend me something?

Thanks Very Much!

2. DesignerOnMac macrumors 6502a

DesignerOnMac

Do you live in the UK? If not why buy from across the pond?
    Your owners manual for your G4 Quicksilver will tell you what RAm your computer will take, or go to most any memory website like OWC, or Crucial and they will tell you what you need.

RAM is so cheap now, if you plan on keeping your G4 for a long time, why not get 2MBs of RAm or more?

I believe that these will fit your G4 however.

3. NicolsR thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea im from the uk, scotland infact! But i have been checking and everything seem to be alright just could do with a double check, just incase :)

4. NicolsR thread starter macrumors newbie

Right, i think im going to get it, everything adds up with what i need, my only worry is its listed as high density memory, would my powermac support it?