Please help - Powerpoint Question!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iViking, Nov 17, 2007.

1. iViking macrumors 6502

Hi everyone,

I'm new at using Powerpoint on my MBP.

I have a slideshow with 7 slides and want to use a different template/background for various slides, but every time I change the background for one, it changes the background for all of them.

How do I limit the background/slide type to one slide at a time, rather than affecting the whole project?

Thanks!

2. iViking thread starter macrumors 6502

Just to follow up on my own thread, in case anyone is interested, I found out from the apple forum that you can't do what I asked in Powerpoint, but you can do it in Keynote.

Time to switch.

3. Browzilla macrumors member

Problem with Keynote being that most people use Powerpoint. Every time I have to do a PPT for school or something it ends up looking ugly either from being done in PPT or having been exported from Keynote to PPT, which isn't all that great.

But Keynote is well worth it.

4. vandlism macrumors 6502

the way to get around needing to export your keynote presentation to powerpoint is by saving it as a pdf. it retains all your formatting, though you lose transition (which usually aren't necessary). most all computers have acrobat on them, and you can just use full screen mode to do your presentation.

5. VideoFreek macrumors 6502

VideoFreek

Probably an Apple forum is not the best place to get advice on Microsoft products. :) You can do it in PowerPoint--the key is to use design templates. Under Format-->Slide Design... you have the option to apply a design template to all slides or only the current slide. It is possible for a single presentation to utilize many different design templates (slide masters).