Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flipster

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 14, 2010
Boston
Okay so I need to print out a small image of myself for an italian project so it would fit on a passport type thing. the problem is, is that the small image i have prints out the whole page. i have no idea how to make it print very small considering it takes up the whole page. please help me i have a canon mx340 printer and snow leopard 10.6.4.

John T

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2006
UK.
1) Have you set the print size in the app you're printing from?
2) Have you also set print size in your printer setup?

flipster

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 14, 2010
Boston
I was using the application Preview to print the picture. There aren't any options besides standard when i click the print button but there is a little thing that says 8.5-11 standard. i changed that to 4-6 but nothing happened. i know on a pc, you can go into paint resize the picture and print from there. any thoughts would be apperciated :D

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
Look for a "Scale to Fit" option in Preview's print dialogue box and make sure that it's unticked, as this will make it fill the page.

Probably better to put your picture into Word/Pages type document where you can size it precisely.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.