Please Help! Problem with new battery

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Roxt, May 4, 2012.

1. Roxt macrumors newbie

I just replaced my iPhone 4 battery. The old one burned out (literally). I allowed it to charge for several hours. When it finally turned on the reset screen appeared, then it said to connect to iTunes. I unplugged the phone from the wall and connected it to my computer. As soon as I did that the phone shut off again. I left it connected to my computer, but the reset screen never came on. I even left it overnight. The apple icon will show up and then turn off again. I have tried holding down the home and restart buttons, nothing. The reset screen will only come on if the phone is plugged into the wall charger. The reset screen also shows the battery being at 100%.

What is going on?!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You probably got a bad battery. Further evidence that unless you get replacement batteries from Apple, all bets are off.

3. Roxt thread starter macrumors newbie

The thought had occurred to me. When my husband arrives home from work soon, we will try the battery in his phone.

-I removed the SIM card and put it back in (grasping at straws) and now the apple icon won't even come on.-

4. Roxt thread starter macrumors newbie

I think I may have figured out the issue. We are currently living in Germany (husband is military). We ordered the battery from Amazon.de and, of course, the language on the box is German. Why I didn't use a translator before I don't know. It instructs to charge the battery fully, allow the charge to deplete and repeat this 3 x's.

I will post later if this works. (hopefully it will help someone else having a similar issue and not receiving sufficient help)