Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

A.c.t.i.v.8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2014
Stockport, U.K.
New to the Apple operating system so be gentle !! I work as a school Administrator and not based at one school. Ok is it possible to have various profiles set up on my macair for different schools ???

Dave

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
If by profiles you mean accounts, then yes. You can set up numerous user accounts.

A.c.t.i.v.8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2014
Stockport, U.K.
If by profiles you mean accounts, then yes. You can set up numerous user accounts.

OMG that was quick, thank you..... I think you are correct it would be different accounts as its different schools, but is it not like windows where as different schools need different profiles ?? I will be using Apple Configurator to set up the iPads

Dave

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Windows has different user ids as well and that's what you'll be doing in OS X.
Go to System Preferences (in the dock), Click on Users and Groups. Click on the pad lock on the lower left corner (if its showing locked.)

From there you can create a new account which will be completely separate from the original account, so if you hook up an IP to that account, it will be different from the original account.

A.c.t.i.v.8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2014
Stockport, U.K.
Windows has different user ids as well and that's what you'll be doing in OS X.
Go to System Preferences (in the dock), Click on Users and Groups. Click on the pad lock on the lower left corner (if its showing locked.)

From there you can create a new account which will be completely separate from the original account, so if you hook up an IP to that account, it will be different from the original account.

Thank you so much for your help Mike, much appreciated ...........;););)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.