Please Help (restore MacBook?)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by itstiffany, Aug 13, 2008.

1. itstiffany macrumors newbie

my macbook is acting totally weird. it's barely 2 months old. is there any way that i could go back in time with mac- like restore back to yesterday's setting or restore the setting altogether to when it was new?

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Not enough information to give you a good answer.

IF you had set up TimeMachine making backups to an external drive, then yes, you might be able to go back. But it doesn't sound like you have this set up.

Have you installed any new software lately?
    What specifically is the symptoms you are seeing?

Normal troubleshooting procedures start with going into Applications> Utilities> Disk Utility and running a Repair Permissions on the drive.

(Welcome to MR - Also a hint - you'll get better response if you make your thread title relevant to the question. We have had thousands of posts entitled "Please help")

3. itstiffany thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry about that.. I was freaking out and couldn't really think so i had to resort to here
    I don't know what i touched but here are some things ive noticed that are different: my computer talks whenever i do something, Also all my f1, f2, f3, etc are following different commands(ex: when i press f12 a dashboard comes out when it should actually increase the volume)
    Im sure there are more settings that were changed but these are the only ones i notice right now and i would like to go back to yesterday's settings, just in case

4. merl1n macrumors 65816

merl1n

Have you been using Time Machine to do backups? If so, you can do a full restore of your computer allowing you to choose the date of the backup you want to restore.

5. merl1n macrumors 65816

merl1n

Go into System Preferences -> Universal Access and see if you have accidentally enabled any of the options. These preferences are basically for Disabled persons needing assistance in using their Macs.

6. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

go to system prefs and go to the keyboard shortcuts and rest them to the default.