Please Help! Scanning Issues

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by inhalexhale, Feb 6, 2011.

1. inhalexhale macrumors member

Hi,

I am trying to scan documents to send to my professor. When I press scan on my printer, or import the image from the mac, it only focuses a pieces or pieces of the document. Then, it saves only these pieces, rather than scanning the entire page.

I'm not really sure what to do. I'm new to Mac, and with Windows I would just click scan and it would import the entire image (whatever was in the scanner). I'm not sure why only certain parts have dotted boxes around them, and it only saves them.

I would like to scan the entire image, edit it in iphoto (to make it more clear) and then export it to a folder.

What can I do?

Thanks!

2. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

For your scanner is there a Preview option before you scan? If so, then Preview the page first, and this will usually show you what it will be scanning, and allow you to adjust the scan area to be scanned.

Other than that, look for options that state specifically to scan the entire document, whole page, etc...

what kind of scanner are you using, what software to scan with, etc? This info could also help...thanks.

3. stev3n macrumors 6502

Image Capture

Have you tried opening Image Capture, which is located in the Applications folder before pressing the scan button? Image Capture allows you to select the entire document or portions to be scanned. Mac OS X: How to scan with Image Capture It's a little old but it might help you. Hope this helps!