Please Help, Screen Flickering in iOS 7 GM

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Dick Whitman, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Dick Whitman macrumors 6502

Dick Whitman

I tired restoring. Did not work. Tried DFU restoring to iOS 7. The flickering decreased but is still present. Very strange. This flickering only appeared after I reset my iPhone in an attempt to counter horrible battery life. Currently, I am restoring back to iOS 6.1.4.

I hate to say it but iOS 7 has been nothing of a nightmare. I downloaded iTunes 11.1 beta and then used the manual restore option to restore iOS 7 GM, effectively allowing me to install iOS 7 before the public launch. In theory, this should work fine as it's virtually the same build that will be available Wednesday. Anyway, besides horrible battery life (<4 hours) everything was OK until I restarted my phone and encountered this weird flickering. Before that I had restarted my phone other times but had no problems.

2. stooovie macrumors 6502a

I had the flicker too on my first DFU restore. It went away on the second restore. Weird but true.

3. Dick Whitman thread starter macrumors 6502

Dick Whitman

Ok restored back to iOS 6.1.4 and then restored to iOS 7 again. Flickering gone. Good grief.

Now onto the horrible battery drain. Truly believe there is something wrong with my device. Even on 6.1.4 I was getting 4 hours of battery life. Losing 1% every 2 minutes. Really hoping that I'll finally see good battery life and no overheating issues when I get the 5s.

4. Mylo130 macrumors member

Mylo130

My wife's iPhone 4S had a screen flickering problem after installing iOS 7 GM, but has since stopped.

I did do the trick of going into a dark room, turn off the auto brightness, slide to minimum setting, lock and unlock the phone, turn the auto brightness on again, turn on a light (held it close to the light to get the full brightness slider deflection), lock and unlock the phone and it will auto set the brightness properly.

Not sure if this resolved the problem, but it hasn't flickered since I did those steps...who knows?!

5. Dick Whitman thread starter macrumors 6502

Dick Whitman

Good to know in case I run into the issue again. Thanks.