please help!!!! screwed up something with terminal! i think?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jayd, Mar 29, 2009.

1. jayd macrumors member

i dont really know that much about computers and i was on this webpage.http://www.mactricksandtips.com/2008/08/99-speed-tips-for-a-quick-high-performance-mac.html
    99 ways to make your computer faster. i tried typing something into terminal and i think that where i screwed up my computer. i typed "com.apple.frameworks.diskimages skip-verify TRUE" and hit return.i tried typing it a few fifferent ways like "com.apple.frameworks" and "com.apple.frameworks.diskimages". i think ever since i did that my computer is not letting me open certain applications. java seems to be screwed up. when i try to open java it switches to terminal and this is what it says.
    http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture1xmm.png
    i hope theres a way for me to fix this. if anyone could help me out i appreciate it

2. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

The command you mentioned would ahve skipped verification of disk images, which could lead to a damaged or corrupted image crashing the disk image utility.

Open Disk Utility, click your hard disk, and then Repair Permissions. If that doesn't help, restart.

3. jayd thread starter macrumors member

i tried both of those things and it still isnt working. whats also weird is terminal isnt letting me type anything in it anymore?

4. belvdr macrumors 603

Try running:

Code:
    java -version

If that outputs the version, then it's okay. Since you didn't give java any arguments, it throws out the help.

5. jayd thread starter macrumors member

how do i do that? im computer illiterate. do i need to download that?

6. jayd thread starter macrumors member

i dont know what happened but the application that i was trying to get to work, works now. thanks for your help!!!