Please Help! Should I Activate my iPhone 3GS in Snowbreeze?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by adonis0213, Dec 2, 2010.

1. adonis0213 macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 3GS (old bootrom) that was purchased in the US with a 2 year contract from AT&T. The problem is that I am in a foreign country for the next couple of months and I depend on an unlock. I wanted to upgrade to iOS 4.1 using Snowbreeze, so I wouldn't have to update my baseband.

My question is, in snowbreeze should I check the "activate my iPhone" box?, if I don't then what happens?

NOTE: I still have the original AT&T SIM card with me.

Thanks in Advance!

2. earthmonster macrumors newbie

Since you still have the original AT&T sim I'm fairly certain you do not need to activate through sn0wbreeze (hacktivation).

You should be able to activate with the original sim card after the custom firmware restore. I'm assuming you should have the AT&T sim card in through the restore process.

3. adonis0213 thread starter macrumors newbie

So I can activate using my original AT&T SIM card and then unlock with ultrasn0w so I can use it with my foreign SIM card?

4. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Yes. It's best to activate with official sim, even one w/o service. Using hackivate can cause push notification problems. So, keep that old sim in a safe place in case you need to re-use it. And, personally, I wouldn't use Snowbreeze. To many horror story about it.

5. adonis0213 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Custom firmware file created from Pwnagetool. Create one yourself, get a friend or from trusted source.

7. adonis0213 thread starter macrumors newbie