[Please help] Should I get rMBP 15" now?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by keinop, Jul 31, 2014.

  1. keinop macrumors newbie

    Jul 5, 2014
    Hello everyone, please excuse my poor English :rolleyes:

    I am going to study abroad in March 2015 and will definitely buy a 15" rMBP to go along with me. It shouldn't be a difficult decision until :

    1) Broadwell is delayed;
    2) rMBP mid 2014 is out;
    3) BTS promotion;

    I am a heavy Photoshop user and already have a very powerful PC at home. Buying a rMBP right now makes no sense but I will have BTS promotion coupon which allow me to buy an external HDD for free(essential for living abroad). What I lost of buying it early is the warranty coverage(I will only need a laptop when I leave for study).

    I guess Broadwell rMBP have very little chance to make it available before I leave my home town. So...

    Should I wait?
    Should I buy it now? (+ BTS - warranty coverage)
    Should I buy it at the last min b4 I leave?

    what do you think?
  2. Meister Suspended


    Oct 10, 2013
    Thats a tough one.

    I would buy right now if there is a really good offer.
  3. MattZani macrumors 68030


    Apr 20, 2008
    I'd wait, you never know when Broadwell will come out.

    The BTS offer isn't that good when you think about it, there was better discounts for the '13 Haswells.
  4. AnonDP macrumors member

    Jun 27, 2014
  5. maflynn Moderator


    Staff Member

    May 3, 2009
    Sounds like between Broadwell and more importantly the warranty, you're better off waiting.
  6. keinop thread starter macrumors newbie

    Jul 5, 2014
    thanks for the reply!

    Actually the deal is really attractive:15" rMBP =$1730 (converted to usd)

    And i just missed one thing: I can get Apple Care in discounted price as well.So It will cost about $2000 for a mid 2014 15" rMBP+ Apple Care.

    I think i'm going to buy it.:apple:

Share This Page