Please help soon Word 2011

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by joedoeman, Dec 9, 2011.

  1. joedoeman macrumors newbie

    Dec 9, 2011
    I really need help soon if anyone is out there.

    I used to press alt + keyboard character to input certain things on PC but can't figure it out in Word 2011 for mac. Any suggestions? Really appreciate it.


    Also in the main home tab at the top there's a section called styles. Can this be removed? Can any of this be customized?
  2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere


    May 16, 2008
    Insert > Symbol
    View > Customize Toolbars and Menus (if it's the same as Word 2008)
  3. joedoeman thread starter macrumors newbie

    Dec 9, 2011
    It's a little different. When I go to customize toolbars it allows me to add icons and things but not remove or alter the tabs at the top.
  4. miz-mdk macrumors newbie

    Nov 26, 2011
    customize ribbon

    At the top right of the ribbon there is a little cogwheel icon. Click on Ribbon Preferences to select which tabs you want, or customize ribbon tab order to do that. If you click on the little arrowhead thingy to the left of the cogwheel, you can open or close the ribbon itself.

Share This Page