Please help soon.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bloogersnigen, Sep 23, 2007.

1. bloogersnigen macrumors regular

bloogersnigen

I have a powermac g5 dual 1.8 and earlier today it started acting funky. Applications (most third party apps I have (VLC, Handbrake, iphoto library manager, comictastic, firefox, and more) and dvd player) would bounce twice in the dock and then stop. I decided to restart to see if that would fix the problem. it didn't get past the white apple page. I restarted a few more and times without luck. A month ago I bought a new harddrive (750 seagate i transfered everything over using carbon copy cloner) but I haven't wiped my old one yet (400 seagate). Eveything has been running great on the 750 untill now. I restarted into the 400 (through apple's install cd) and repaired disk permissions and repaired disk (i don't even know what that means but it sounded useful). The computer worked fine on the 400 so I'm guessing it is not a memory issue. The computer won't get past the white screen still. If you could offer suggestions I'd appreciate it.

thanks is advance,
    Ben

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

If it booted up fine with your other hard drive then is sounds like you have a faulty hard drive

3. bloogersnigen thread starter macrumors regular

bloogersnigen

I can access all the data on the 750 from the 400. it passed the hardware test (on the cd that came with the comp). Is there any other test I can run to check the harddrive?