Please Help! - Sorry First Timer

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Racivor, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Racivor, Jul 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2012

Racivor macrumors newbie

Hi everyone! So I have a MacBook Pro late 2011. I don't think I really need to disclose any other information. I'm running the latest OS, etc.

Okay, so whenever I'm playing Team Fortress 2, and I crouch (using the Command key) and then I want to shoot (using click), it causes me to right-click, doing something completely different than what I want. I don't use Command + click as a regularly, so is there a way to disable Command + click giving me a right click function?

Thank you! Sorry I'm new to the forums and Mac's in general! I love it by the way. :D

Edit: was this placed in the right section?

2. Racivor, Jul 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2012

Racivor thread starter macrumors newbie

Um also is this a good title? Sorry!

Edit: I am sorry I forgot to edit my first post!

3. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Command-click should not result in a right click.

Are you referring to Control-clicking?

4. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

Yeah......these settings are likely in the game itself not the OS. You need to go to game controls and change it.

5. Racivor thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes that is what I mean!

6. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

These shortcuts have been implemented in the OS at a low level... I don't believe there's a way to disable it.

You can change the keybinding for crouching in the game to a different key to avoid this issue though.

7. ugp macrumors 65816

ugp

I've learned to use "C" to crouch. I have to remap a few keys to get around the way the keyboard feels on a Mac versus when I played back on a PC.

8. simsaladimbamba

To edit your thread title to a descriptive one, to get a knowledgable audience and help making the thread easier to find for people looking for the same information, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the [​IMG] button below your message.

9. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

You'd be surprised...Anyway, regardless, I know that Diablo 3 has an in-game option for ignoring system KB shortcuts, you could see if TF2 has the same thing, or disable the shortcuts in system preferences before playing.