Please HELP. Spinning Beachball, Do I need more Ram or have I got issues?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kmacmumma, Apr 9, 2015.

1. kmacmumma macrumors newbie

Hi,

It is taking me so long to write this help message. Everything is freezing, pausing, the beach ball is ever present and I am using force close like no ones business. Programs are being put on hold due to no virtual memory.

Before I race off an increase RAM or pay a bunch of cash to someone to tell me I need more RAM. I thought I would ask you clever and kind people to have a quick look at my Activity Monitor and tell me what your first thoughts are.

I installed Yosemite about 6 weeks ago and haven't had issues up until 2 days ago when everything went haywire. It seems to have coincided with starting to use a VPN through Private Internet access. I don't know if that is just coincidence.

Anyway, any thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated and if there is something that I can fix before handing it over the someone else then AWESOME.

Attached Files:

2. GGJstudios, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015

GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You have RAM available. That's not your problem. As long as your memory pressure shows green, you have sufficient RAM. Look at your CPU usage instead. I see you have one process not responding. I haven't verified the following, but found it in a Google search:

com.apple.geod process is not responding