Please help - split coffee on the keyboard

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thundercats, Mar 1, 2013.

1. thundercats macrumors newbie

Hi all can you please help?

i have a mac book pro and my partner recently split coffee on the keyboard. Since then a few of buttons no longer work.The number eight the comma button letters i k and the directional arrows. i am out of warranty and also with it being water damage it is now void.

Also when i pick up the laptop it crashes??! This was before the water damage. Only if i pick it up from the left hand side. i have googled it and said that it is possibly the ram that is lose or damaged? Anyone having the same issue or knows what this could be?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP. The laptop is a work laptop and i need to fix it without them knowing. Does anyone have any idea of how i could solve these problems either myself or a place that is cheaper than apple in the Uk / west yorkshire region.

i was quoted £500 for a new top case by apple but can not afford this at all. A friend told me i could fix it myself but have not found any videos etc to help.

Thank you

2. PinoyAko macrumors 6502

First, let your employer know that you damaged your laptop.
    Second, your computer must be fried. The logic board might have been water damaged causing those issues that you are experiencing so you might want to look for how to change a logic board on YouTube or iFixit.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

[MOD NOTE]
    Thread moved and title updated to be a bit more descriptive.

4. thundercats thread starter macrumors newbie

The problems regarding crashing and the bleeping use happened before coffee was split. thanks for the reply.

5. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

If you're going to hack into somebody's thread title at least correct the spelling while you're there.