Please help! SSH into iPhone...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ddk121, Jan 27, 2008.

1. ddk121 macrumors 6502

Hey!
    I'm following the tutorial at http://www.hackthatphone.com/113/iphone_113_jailbreak_mac_easy.html , and am on step 6. How on earth do I SSH into the iPhone using terminal? I have tried typing ssh -l root 192.168.x.x . It then requests my password, which i type followed by enter. It then appears with "-sh-3.2", and whenever I type something in, it closes the connection :S
    Any help?

2. McGiord, Jan 27, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

I always used Fugu without any issue instead of the Terminal to copy files and change permissions, and to do things locally in the iPhone I used the iPhone's Terminal app.
    ________
    easy vape

3. ddk121 thread starter macrumors 6502

I used Cyberduck to transfer the jailbreak files (1.13 files), and then I am trying to use terminal to SSH into the iPhone...

4. MatthewStorm macrumors 6502a

MatthewStorm

What settings are you using for Fugu? I'm having trouble SSH'ing into my iPhone. Thanks.

5. McGiord, Jan 27, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

it depends on your firmware version

For 1.1.2 firmware:
    http://www.hackthatphone.com/112/iphone_step2_mac.html

In that website are also tutorials for previous firmware and good tips on how to solve iPhone SSH issues.

I'm not sure if it works with 1.1.3 or the password has changed.
    ________
    herbal vaporizers

6. KenClarke macrumors newbie

SSH / Terminal

Ok,
    I've been over and over this thread, but when I type in those commands into Terminal - nothing happens?! and It won't accept the

ln -s /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/O2_UK.plist /var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.carrier.plist

can somebody who's got this working please go over this again because visual voicemail is still not working! :-(

thank you!

ALSO - I've been trying to get my edge to work. The option for Edge under Settings>network has gone since my upgrade back to 1.1.2! I am on an official O2 Contract.
    :)