Please Help This Idiot Connect Android Tablet To WiFi

Discussion in 'macOS' started by pumpkinseed77, Dec 20, 2010.

1. pumpkinseed77, Dec 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2010

pumpkinseed77 macrumors newbie

I feel like a complete idiot, so please have mercy and help me.

I have done everything contained in this link to make my Mac a wireless router. We are connected to the internet via ethernet.

http://maketecheasier.com/create-wifi-hotspot-using-mac-os-x/2009/10/20

I just purchased a piece of crap Android tablet that I absolutely hate, but cannot return. I was able to wirelessly connect to a local linsky connection, but it has since disappeared. I am now making every attempt to enable the Airport on our Mac so that I can actually use this garbage Android tablet.

The tablet I am using is a Next2 (garbage, don't waste your money).

The version of Android is 1.5. NO ANDROID MARKET AVAILABLE (don't get me started on *that*).

What happens when I connect via wifi on the android is this. It connects to our home network just fine and then the connection is lost.

Do I need to do something else?

I will provide necessary clarification if needed. PLEASE HELP ME before I throw this tablet at the nearest, innocent, passerby. I am terribly frustrated.

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Do you have a password on the Wifi network? It's possible that the device won't work with a WEP password, but will with a WPA, or vice-versa. If you don't have a password, it may not like something about that and so you might want to set one. Basically, just play with that and see if it helps. Otherwise, it might just have a really crappy Wifi antenna and/or chipset, and only playing with it really close to the router will do any good.

jW

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian