Please help to upgrade from 10.4.11 to snow leopard

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by pixelfixel, Nov 7, 2012.

1. pixelfixel macrumors newbie

Hello. I have a client that is having trouble using a web based email I set up for him (Open Xchange). I wasn't having the same problems on my end, so I asked what he was running. It is a macbook 2.16ghz from mid 2007 and he's running 10.4.11.

I would like to upgrade him to snow leopard, but I'm having a hard time trying to find it. I found an upgrade on download.com but not sure it will work since I believe it requires leopard which is another one I can't find. I tried the apple site with no luck and I would feel better getting it from them since I'm doing this to someone else's computer.

Once I get it I read it's best to do a clean install, but for now if someone can tell me what's best I'd appreciate it. Do leopard then snow leopard or direct to snow leopard?

I have a copy of snow leopard myself, will that work?

Thanks!
    Jim

2.16GHz MacBook mid 2007 white
    (MB062LL/A)
    cores : 2
    L2 cache(per processor) 4 MB
    Memory : 2 GB

2. slomo86 macrumors member

slomo86

If the copy of Snow Leopard you have is the disk that came with your computer it will not work. But if you bought the disk from apple or a retailer it will work.

You should be able to call Apple and order a Snow Leopard disk from them. Then do a clean install.

Hope this helps out.

Joe

3. pixelfixel thread starter macrumors newbie