Please Help: Trying to install QuickTime Pro (7) onto Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jon-Luke, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Jon-Luke macrumors 6502

Jon-Luke

When I try to install QuickTime Pro (7) onto my MacBook Pro (running Snow Leopard) I am getting the following error message:

QuickTime can't be installed on this disk. THis version of QuickTime 7 can't be installed on this disk because QuickTime X is already present. Please use Software Update to install the appropriate version of QuickTime for your Mac.

I have tried opening Software Update (in System Preferences) but it offers no solution and doesn't even list QuickTime in the list of Installed Software. Does anyone have any solution to this problem?

Alternatively the reason I am attempting QuickTime Pro is because I need to grab a still from a video (I could do this with Pro back when I was using Leopard and Tiger) is there a different way of doing this now in Snow Leopard?

2. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

Are you using the installer that is on the snowleopard disk?

3. Jon-Luke thread starter macrumors 6502

Jon-Luke

I have to admit that I'm not - I lent my SL Disk to a friend (naughty I know) and he's away on holiday so I downloaded from Apple... Do you think that's the issue?

4. dbwie macrumors 6502

Look in your utilities folder. Is your Quicktime 7 there? If you upgraded your computer to Snow Leopard, it may have moved it to the utilities folder. That's where my Quicktime 7 is in SL. (I think QT7 was an optional install from the SL install disk.

5. Jon-Luke thread starter macrumors 6502

Jon-Luke

Thanks for the suggestion, but no such luck... I did a clean install of Snow Leopard on my Mac.