Please Help! Trying to reinstall OS X 10.0! Problem!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Sylon, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

I'm trying to prepare my old MacBook Pro for resale and I was following these instructions: http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201065

I got to the part to reinstall OS X, and when I went to do it, it required me to sign into iCloud, which if I remember I had to sign out of prior to doing all of this.

So I sign in with my account and I get a message that says "This item is temporarily unavailable. Try again later."

Wtf is this ****?! My Mac is now stuck with nothing on it and I am completely unable to download OS X. What do I do?!?!

2. Sylon thread starter macrumors 68020

Sylon

Just tried creating a bootable external drive with Yosemite on it. Plugged it into my other Mac, held the Option key, booted to it, then tried to install Yosemite on my Mac's HDD. It gave me a "The operation could not be completed. Undefined Error: 0"

I don't know what to do anymore. It's just straight up not working. Someone please help.

3. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

You likely missed a step when you were creating the USB installer.
    Here's a lot of help with that: http://mac-how-to.wonderhowto.com/h...ll-usb-drive-mac-os-x-10-10-yosemite-0155306/
    Scroll down about 3/4 of that page, to some troubleshooting tips, and your error is listed there. It tells you what to do. It will likely be simpler to start from the top of that page. The DiskMakerX app makes the process simple, or do the more manual steps, if you prefer.

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

What year MacBook are you trying to install Yosemite on?

5. Sylon thread starter macrumors 68020

Sylon

DiscMakerX worked like a charm, thank you. I thought I followed all the steps perfectly :confused: You saved my ass there.

It's on my old 13" 2011 MBP.