Please help! Trying to uninstall but LibreOffice won't go into Trash!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by waa1futs, Jan 26, 2013.

1. waa1futs macrumors 6502

I downloaded and installed LibreOffice on my macbook air (1st time mac user).

I want to uninstall it but when I try to move it's icon from Launchpad to the Trash it won't go and just pops right back up into Launchpad :(

Please help. How the hell do I uninstall this thing? :confused:

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The most effective method for complete app removal is manual deletion:

3. RedCroissant Suspended

That's a strange thing about LibreOffice. Instead of dragging it from launchpad, open the applications folder through finder and then drag it from there.

I recommend AppCleaner as well so that you get all the files associated with the application and get a complete removal of the app.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

In most cases, app removal software doesn't do a thorough job of finding and removing files/folders related to deleted apps. For more information, read this and this. If you just want to delete the app, drag the .app file to the trash. No other software needed. If you want to completely remove all associated files/folders, no removal apps will do the job.

5. RedCroissant Suspended

I have actually seen that video before but forgot about actually doing what was in the tutorial! Thanks for bringing it back to my attention.