Please help - upgrading Windows Embedded HDD to SDD

Discussion in 'Alternatives to Mac Hardware' started by Quarksbar, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Quarksbar macrumors newbie

Hi Guys, I'm hoping someone here can help me out with advice and save me from googling something wrong. I have a PC built in to a specialty piece of equipment I want to upgrade HDD to SDD. The PC runs on Windows Embedded Standard 64bit Service Pack 1. Is there a way to completely, precisely clone that HDD with all of it's software, windows, etc, to a new SDD I bought? My hope is that I can create a complete clone of HDD onto the SDD and then simply swap the drives. Thanks a lot all!

2. Mikael H macrumors 6502

Have a look at Clonezilla. I haven't needed it in many years, but it was great for exactly the sort of thing you describe.

3. jeff7117 macrumors regular

I use a program called Acronis True Image to clone hard drives and make system image restore points on a set schedule. It will also clone from one drive to another if you need to swap drives.

4. estabya macrumors 6502

estabya

I've used Clonzilla pretty extensively. I actually copied HDDs to SSDs for 4 separate computers about 3 months ago. Worked great.

5. PortableLover macrumors 6502a

Recently changed my windows laptop to an SSD keeping the HDD in the second bay. Used Samsung's cloning software. Surprisingly it worked!