Please help!! Urget!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by macmaster24, May 4, 2011.

1. macmaster24 macrumors member

hey everyone i just installed the dev version of lion on my spring 2011 mbp. i got the run around but finaly installed it. it sucked rlly bad. so i wanted to uninstall it and reinstall snow leopard. so i put the disk in, the window opens up, i it on the installer, then a window poped up and said "this application cannot be installed on 10.7". so i look around the internet franticaly looking for a solution. one guy suggested that i should insert the disk, go to sytm prefs, and select the disk as the start-up disk. then i restarted the comp. it turned off then on. i could hear the disk running but then it just went to that gray screen with the apple and has stayed their for the last half an hour. i have tried force shut-off. and it turns on and just stays at the gray apple. and btw i didnt back any of my stuff up so P L E A S E I honestly BEG: SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! im freaking out!

2. imaketouchtheme macrumors 65816

First off, calm down.

Secondly, do you have anything on the HDD that you need backed up?

If you do not, just put in your original discs that came with the computer and hold down the C key while starting up to boot off the disc. Then, use Disk Utility once the Installer loads to format your HDD and reinstall your OS.

3. macmaster24 thread starter macrumors member

ok im calm

and yes i have a paper due tm

and i would put in the disks if the screen changed from something other than the gray apple screen

4. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Try resetting the PRAM

1. Shut down the computer.

2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.

3. Turn on the computer.

4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.

5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.

6. Release the keys.

On a side note. You should never install a developer preview as your primary OS.

5. macmaster24 thread starter macrumors member

thank you soo much dude!!

oh, will this erase anything?

and do u no how i can get snow leopard back?

6. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

No, that will not erase everything, but what it will hopefully do is direct your computer to your startup disk so you will get back into Lion to do what you need (maybe back everything up?)

The re-install snow leopard insert your DVD, then restart the computer. Hold down the option bottom when you here the chimes and hold it until your boot options appear. One of them will be the DVD. Select it and wait for the installer to load (it may take a while). But honestly, get your paper done first and worry about that tomorrow.

7. macmaster24 thread starter macrumors member

haha alright but somthing worse just happened: now it shows like the gray screen but then a bunch of text appears on the left side of the screen...it looks like code running and stuff. then the whole thing freezes and a message like swipes down the screen and says u need to restart your computer, hold the power button blah blah blah. sooo wat now? should i try that thing u suggested to see if it works regardless?

oh and btw i finished my paper :D