PLEASE help: Wacom Bamboo pad <> Annotating PDFs

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Cassady, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Cassady macrumors 6502a

Cassady

Hello all,

Anyone here that has this - either bought it/used it, I'd really appreciate some sort of feedback/review...

I'm looking at using it to annotate pdf's on my laptop - and am wondering if it will be able to replicate the use of a tablet.

There appears to be plenty of mentions in the various ad-blurbs about annotating, but I've been searching for the better part of a week, without finding anything conclusive. If any of you have one, could you please fire up Preview, and give me a shout about whether it would be viable?

I would ONLY be interested in highlighting/underlining etc. [no free-hand writing etc.]

So what I'm curious about, is HOW exactly does the Bamboo pad allow for drag-selecting of text inside a pdf

Does it involve a long-tap to select text, and then drag - or are there other mechanics involved?

The trackpad is pretty convenient and intuitive as is - but if the stylus of the Bamboo pad allows for a 'more' intuitive approach, (.e.g.) almost mimicking taking an actual highlighter to paper - then this is something I would be very interested in...

Would really appreciate some feedback on the above. It's not too expensive an accessory - but don't want to purchase it, only to find no use for it.

2. Cassady thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cassady

Nobody?

Oh well - took the plunge, should be arriving tomorrow - so guess I will know soon enough...

3. Cassady thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cassady

So - just to close this loop, in the event that someone stumbles across it sometime in the future...

I've been using the pad for about a week now. Pretty much exclusively inside DTPO (Devonthink Pro Office) - using its in-built annotation features.

It actually works quite well. Still having to get used to everything - but it's definitely something that will improve the more I use it. Still not an absolute replacement for annotating on the iPad, but for those occasions when I need to annotate/underline/highlight on my Mac, this serves as the closest approximation to how I do things inside Goodreader, on my iPad.