Please Help.. wanting to upgrade to 4.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mikdiphonenewb, Oct 11, 2010.

1. mikdiphonenewb macrumors newbie

Noobie here. So I finally jailbreak and unlock my 3gs using limera1n, but now I wonder if I could upgrade to 4.1 with no problems. i've heard that once you upgrade, baseband will be upgrade and I will need to wait again to hacktivate, jailbreak, and unlocked it. here are the specs of my 3gs

Network: T-mobile
    Version: 4.0.2
    Model: MB718LL (old bootrom)
    Modem Firmware: 05.13.04

No, I don't have an official at&t sim card; I do have that phonebook sim card though. I also have both mac and windows here for jailbreaking software compatibility issues. Please help...

2. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Myzhi

NO. Updating to 4.1 will also update the baseband to unlockable 5.14. You need to wait for solution, like pwnagetool or new 5.14 unlock is release, before going to 4.1.

3. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

A few days ago you had a phone that could not be JB or UL. Now you have both, enjoy it before you start worrying about the next step and get yourself locked out again.

4. mikdiphonenewb thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys

@Myzhi, nebo1ss: that's all I need, just wanna make sure that i have done all that i can in getting my 3gs to work like how i wanted it to be. appreciated your help guys.