PLEASE Help! Warped Bezel?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by fruitycups, Jan 31, 2012.

1. fruitycups macrumors 6502

Hey guys, have had my macbook air in a spec hard case for the past 6 months i had it. Never dropped or banged around. When i decided to finally take it off and give it a wipe down, i noticed a terrible defect. There is an area on the top left bezel that is warped? It actually bulges out a little bit. I checked the other side and its perfectly flat but the left side, where the little white "stain" is is where it bulges out. Will apple fix this or am I SOL? I should have checked the machine right when i got it :(

any advice guys? it doesn't detract from the experience but it truly irks me.

[​IMG]

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Others may differ, but IMO, any defect that requires a zoomed-in picture to display isn't worth worrying about. Rather than obsessing about such trivial issues, I'd recommend you relax and enjoy using your Mac.

3. IngerMan macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

looks like an outie and not a innie. If it is an outie, it's got to be a defect in the metal, as you say you have no bumps on the side. I would take it back, because your eyes are only going to focus on the bezel, not the screen....

4. fruitycups thread starter macrumors 6502

:/

right on the money. The bump comes out instead of in. :(

Im just afraid that they'll say "its been 6 months, you did this"

I should have did a full check down when i got the machine. Damn my lateness and damn my eyes for catching it right now -_- haha.

5. IngerMan macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

I think if you go in show them and just be honest, they will replace it. Maybe just the upper half. Think about that Speck case though, the tab was pushing in right in that area, no? I would not put another one back on. Maybe the spec pinched in on some soft, to thin metal?

Regardless that should not happen and Apple sells the protectors. Take it in and be honest, I bet you at least get a new bezel.

Keep us updated.

6. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi