Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tm0000

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 29, 2014
I downloaded Aguard for safari from the app store and it downloaded and installed eight separate extensions! They are Adguard Advanced blocking, Adguard Custom, Adguard general, Adguard other, Adguard Privacy, Adguard Safari Icon, Adguard security, and Adguard social.

Does anyone have any idea why all of these were installed? Shouldn't it be just one extension?

Thank you in advance!

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I guess they consider themselves the Microsoft Office of Safari Extensions.

It's eight separate extensions plus an application in your Applications folder.

If you want to remove the extensions you have to uninstall the Application…so you should probably get "AppCleaner" or something similar to remove the App, Extensions and extraneous files and folders it has created.

tm0000

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 29, 2014
Thank you for your reply!

I installed this because I was constantly getting the error message "This website is using significant memory/energy. closing it may improve the responsiveness of your mac."

Which of them can I uninstall? Do I need the application (in my applications folder) for it to work in Safari?

I do have appcleaner.

Thank you!

I guess they consider themselves the Microsoft Office of Safari Extensions.

It's eight separate extensions plus an application in your Applications folder.

If you want to remove the extensions you have to uninstall the Application…so you should probably get "AppCleaner" or something similar.

tosbsas

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2008
Lima, Peru
The extensions are seperate as Mobile Safari has a 50.000 rules limit. AdGuard avoids that limit by using several extensions. 1Blocker and others do that too

Reactions: thekaiju

aespana

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2020
If you need an ad blocker use Ka-Block!. One extension, no more.

It actually doesn't have options. Just block the ads and that's all. Maybe, the only problem that I find with ka-block is that don't block youtube ads.

kailesophia

Suspended
Jul 21, 2020
yeah, I think this a pack of application which is running in your mac for uninstalling one ad block I think you need to uninstall complete program

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.