Please help, Wifi is grey

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by arram, Jun 25, 2009.

1. arram macrumors member

So I was on 2.2.1 before and I decided to restore to 3.0. Which I did and noticed alot of battery problems so I restored it to 3.0 a couple times. I know how to restore and I know how to jailbreak/unlock a phone, iv done many. While I was on 3.0 I saw I was having problems connecting to a wifi spot. Then when i restarted it finally went grey on me and couldnt even click on it. So i decided to go back to 2.2.1 and see if it was a 3.0 issue. So i downgraded to 2.2.1 and unlocked it with ultrasn0w and everything works fine but the wifi is still greyed. Can any 1 tell me how i can fix this? Thanks alot

2. cmaier macrumors G3

What do you mean wifi is grayed? In settings?

3. arram thread starter macrumors member

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Wow, I never saw anything like that before.
    No-wifi and grayed out like that.
    Very weird.
    Like it died or completelly stopped working.

5. arram thread starter macrumors member

I was having problems with it connecting to my router, and I did a restart the next day and that happend. Isaw people at the apple discussion board havin same problem so i dont know

6. JvieraMacbook macrumors newbie

I know what the problem is, your NVRAM is corrupt, and I have the same problem on one of my iphone 2g. As for a solution, i have not found one that works. I. There is a button on the Ziphone program that says "fix wifi", but i cant get it to work because my iphone has "connection issues".

7. macfan94 macrumors newbie

Looks like ur antena is dead. take it to an apple store.

8. zoeconner macrumors regular

Yes I have that to . Apple engineers are looking into it. sometimes mine shows up but when i hit connect it just sits there and keeps looking. Go to settings and see what your wifi address says. Mine says N/A. Im going to send mine to apple. I might wait for 3.1 to come out first. Call apple right now. If your warranty is going to run out it still will be covered. But you have to call now before your year date.

9. CarlyLyon macrumors member

my friend had the same problem and he system restored his iphone and it was fixed have no idea what it could be though