Please help with advice for iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ds111, Jan 30, 2010.

  1. ds111 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2009
  2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

    eawmp1

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2008
    Location:
    FL
    #2
    If you are under contract, go with relative's 3G. If not buy a cheap month to month phone and save up for Summer 2010.
     
  3. Bacong macrumors 68000

    Bacong

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2009
    Location:
    Westland, Michigan
    #3
    Yeah, you can't lose. Buy theirs, and then if you feel like it get the new iPhone this summer if you're eligible.
     
  4. ds111 thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2009
    #4
    Thanks for the quick responses!

    Problem is...my contract expires in June 2011 or something like that. :mad:

    So if I were to go with relative's 3G, no one in my family would have their contract expired by then, including me. I'd have to buy the iPhone 4G for full price, or not at all.
     
  5. chargit macrumors 6502a

    chargit

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2010
    Location:
    Evansville, In
    #5
    buy the 3gs not the 3g. you will be able to sell it for alot more when the time comes if you want the 4g. you will get alot more profit than what the the initial $100 difference is. the 3gs is alot better phone!
     
  6. Insilin1i macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2009
    Location:
    Toronto, Canada
    #6
    I would wait for the new iphone 4g, the phone is probably gonna be released in the summer so might as well wait a few months to get the best iphone. I wouldn't waste the available upgrade because you will probably want it when they do release it. If the 4g sucks at least the 3gs will be cheaper in the end but most likely it won't.
     
  7. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2009
    #7
    or, you could sell me the original iphone, and then ud have enough for the 3gs =D i really like the first model
     
  8. thelatinist macrumors 603

    thelatinist

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2009
    Location:
    Connecticut, USA
    #8
    I would probably get the battery replaced, with the knowledge that I could sell the 2G in January for more than the cost of the repair. Or would your brother not let you sell it?
     
  9. ds111 thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2009
  10. renewed macrumors 68040

    renewed

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2009
    Location:
    Bemalte Blumen duften nicht.
    #10
    just fyi... you should send him a pm to talk about buying and selling since any such talk out of the marketplace is forbidden.
     
  11. ds111 thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2009
    #11
    Oh, sorry. Did not realize this.


    I thought it all out. I'm gonna go get the battery replaced and all. (Just found out you get a brand new unit when that happens) and will use this until the new iPhone comes out.

    Does anyone know of what's the latest rumor of when the 4th-generation iPhone will come out?
     

Share This Page