Please help with American to European Voltage question

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by nomizysblat, Apr 5, 2006.

  1. nomizysblat macrumors newbie

    Apr 5, 2006
    Hi everyone!

    I just bought a Power G5 in the US and want to use it in Europe. Do you know what has to be done? Is it a dual adapter in the Electrical connector? Is it automatic or switchabble? Do I just have to buy a whole adapter system for it?
    Thanks so much for your help!
  2. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

    Jaffa Cake

    Aug 1, 2004
    The City of Culture, Englandshire
    My G5 is a US made machine – it switches to the European current automatically, so you don't need any special adapters or owt. All I had to do was swap the cable that came with it for one that ended in a trusty British plug. :cool:
  3. crazycat macrumors 65816


    Dec 5, 2005
    When the iMac G5 first came i know a guy who blew up the power "thingy" inside it. You need to make sure if the computer you buy comes with a cnventor inside it (most are) then you should be fine. You would need to change the weird looking thing that American use for teh 3 pined one that are used in the UK.
  4. dr_lha macrumors 68000

    Oct 8, 2003
    It'll work fine, you just need a new cable (or plug adapter) which will set you back $10 max.

Share This Page