Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

golfergirl13

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 5, 2009
I received my unlock/jailbroken iphone today in the mail...yes, I bought it off ebay. Anyways, when I turned on the iphone, it said only 10% battery, so I immediately plug the iphone. It is showing in the red, however, I do not see the charger icon underneath the battery display. So, far its been charging for about 30 minutes and the red bar hasn't even moved and it keeps saying 10% battery.

Also, I dialed my phone number and the iphone didn't even ring, however, I did get my voice message.

By the way, the person I bought it off said, he could not unlock with the software, therefore, he had to go buy a turbo sim card so the iphone could be unlocked.

Any help would be appreciated.

thelordnyax

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2008
not entirely sure about how it was unlocked, you may need to look into quickpwn
as for the charging, are you charging it with an apple manufactured cord? sometimes the third-party ones don't quite work

golfergirl13

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 5, 2009
not entirely sure about how it was unlocked, you may need to look into quickpwn
as for the charging, are you charging it with an apple manufactured cord? sometimes the third-party ones don't quite work
Yes, it is an apple manufactured cord. I talked with a co-worker who knows quite a bit about the iphone and he thinks its mostly like the charger that is the issue and not the iphone itself. So, I am impatiently waiting for another co-worker to get into work so that I can use the charger and see if that is indeed the issue. I sure hope so.

jarjarblinks

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2008
Try different sources. Wall charger, USB to computer, USB hub, different charging cable.

Once you have ascertained that it is your iPhone's problem, see if the warranty is still valid. You may wish to check if the iPhone is water damaged. If it is, you might want to consider returning it to the seller unless he had stated explicitely so upfront.

golfergirl13

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 5, 2009
I just received a ipod charger from my co-worker and he literally stood right next to me to see if it is indeed charging....and guess what? Its charging. Its now almost fully charged. My co-worker said he will bring a USB charger for me tomorrow. Hopefully, I won't have anymore issues with the iphone.

wfiphone

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2009
I received my unlock/jailbroken iphone today in the mail...yes, I bought it off ebay. Anyways, when I turned on the iphone, it said only 10% battery, so I immediately plug the iphone. It is showing in the red, however, I do not see the charger icon underneath the battery display. So, far its been charging for about 30 minutes and the red bar hasn't even moved and it keeps saying 10% battery.

Also, I dialed my phone number and the iphone didn't even ring, however, I did get my voice message.

By the way, the person I bought it off said, he could not unlock with the software, therefore, he had to go buy a turbo sim card so the iphone could be unlocked.

Any help would be appreciated.

You wanna hang out some time? I'd bet I'd win a game of golf.

golfergirl13

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 5, 2009
You wanna hang out some time? I'd bet I'd win a game of golf.

You think you can beat me in a game of golf....haha. Just Kidding.

By the way, does anyone have the seidio case? It comes in 2 pieces and I can't get the bottom one to connect. I have a little gap. Anyone know how to fix the gap issue?

wfiphone

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2009
You think you can beat me in a game of golf....haha. Just Kidding.

By the way, does anyone have the seidio case? It comes in 2 pieces and I can't get the bottom one to connect. I have a little gap. Anyone know how to fix the gap issue?

Mhmm I bet you I could. But ya I hope your golf game doesn't have as many problems as your iPhone. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.