Please help with connecting magic mouse to iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by sordan, May 2, 2011.

1. sordan macrumors member

I have a 17in intel iMac (the white plastic kind) as well as a magic mouse. Every time I boot up, my iMac tries to connect with my magic mouse. It never discovers it the first try, I have to turn the little switch on the bottom of the mouse on and off several times for it to finally connect, this can take up to 5 minutes sometimes. Is this normal? I'm looking for a way for my mouse to be already connected upon booting like my keyboard is. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. simsaladimbamba

3. sordan thread starter macrumors member

Snow Leopard 10.6.7

4. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    Mine has no such issues,are your batteries fully charged?is the mouse within 2' of the receiver for optimum signal, could the signal be reduced by desktop clutter?:cool:

5. CPR macrumors newbie

did you get this resolved? iv got the same problem with my 17inch imac, it takes 5mins to pair with the mouse

6. TurnTronics macrumors member

Do you have any problems connecting with other wireless mice? If so, it could possibly be a bluetooth card issue.

7. CPR macrumors newbie

actually forgot to mention it fails to pair with the keyboard at the same time, how do I resolve a card issue?

8. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

Just a thought -- if the bluetooth info is saved in the PRAM memory (I don't know this for sure) the issue might be resolved by replacing the "button battery" that keeps the data from going away when the computer is off. You are all talking about older systems, and the battery might have failed.

Also, you could try a PRAM reset, just in case that is the issue. http://support.apple.com/kb/PH4405

9. Seamaster macrumors 65816

Seamaster

FWIW, Bluetooth performance was never great on Macs of that era.