Please help with contacts

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nyc999, Dec 17, 2016.

1. nyc999 macrumors regular

I created a new work email account on my iPhone. I've noticed that every time I add a new contact, it adds it by default to the work group. I would rather have it add the contact to the 'All iCloud' group or the 'All Gmail' group which are my other two accounts on my phone. My questions are:

1) How do I ensure that future contacts added to my phone do not get added to my 'work' group.
    2) Is there a way to reassign groups to my contacts - the ones that ended up in the work group but don't belong there.

Thanks!

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

1. In the Settings app, under Mail, Contacts and Calendars scroll down to the Contacts area. Under My Info should be another category labeled Default for your contacts. Select the default group in there.

2. By default you cannot create Groups or move contacts between groups on the phone itself. You need to sync with iTunes and use the Contacts app on a Mac.

However, there are apps that make this possible on the iPhone itself. The app I use and have used since iOS 6 is called Groups. The free version has ads but it still lets you move contacts between groups and gives you the ability to create groups or delete groups.

Hope that helps!

3. nyc999 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you! Very helpful.