Please help with crop/straightening bug in Aperture 3.2.2

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Bokehlicious, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Bokehlicious macrumors newbie

Hi everyone. Before updating to aperture 3.2.2, if I straightened an image before I cropped it, the image itself would remain straight. Now in aperture 3.2.2, the image becomes rotated when I want to crop it. An example is attached below.

I remember this was a bug in a previous update to aperture, but it has reappeared on my computer. Any idea how to fix this problem?

Attached Files:

2. flosseR macrumors 6502a

flosseR

This is not a bug. this is how it is supposed to work. straightening means you rotate the image within a predefined frame (the actual dimensions of the original photo). After that you are trying to crop within those constraints. Apertur 3 just shows you the corners of what the original photo is now rotated to.. nothing else.

I don't see how this is a bug. It allows you to see who much you had to rotate before etc..

3. sapporobaby macrumors 68000

sapporobaby

Exactly.... I have seen this misunderstanding of Aperture before. Glad you cleared that up.

You seem familiar... Have we met....?

4. Bokehlicious thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately, it is definitely not what I wanted to hear. It takes significantly longer to straighten and crop compared to how it was in the past.

5. sapporobaby macrumors 68000

sapporobaby

What you might want to do is to crop crooked and straighten afterwards. Not sure if this will work, but it might be worth a try.

6. flosseR macrumors 6502a

flosseR

sorry, i might be slow here but how is this taking more time? you still crop, which means you take part of the image away... you cannot crop before straightening since you cannot know how the image will rotate etc.

I just looked at an old version of Aperture (2.something) but it looks pretty much the same unless i have a custom view...