Please Help With Internet Settings For Unlocked Iphone On Vodafone!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by markyt20, Jun 24, 2009.

1. markyt20 macrumors newbie

I have recently purchased a new iphone 3G (16 gig) and had it unlocked to work on Vodafone UK contract Sim card. It works fine which is great. Calls, texts etc are spot on. Unfortunately I cant seem to get the internet to work apart from when I connect to a WiFi network.

No iv read in a number of place about changing the APN and all this but bare in mind I am a complete novice in regards to the tech speak of this stuff. So can someone please help with one the settings which I need to input and two where and how I input these on the iphone. I assume it is in the general settings section under ‘cellular data’ but again I am not sure as I have input the settings of:

APN – internet
    Username – wap (and) web
    Password - wap (and) web

And when I try to connect again through safari it wont connect. Can someone please help here and remember I am a complete novice so step by step please!

Thanks in advance for this will be a great help!

2. peperami macrumors newbie

Data settings for iphone on vodafone

[if u want to take advatage of your inclusive internet with vodafone to use with an iphone change these settings:

settings > general > network > cellular data network

APN - internet
    Username - web
    Password - webs

make sure the 3g is "on"
    make sure data roaming is "off"

I hope this sorts it out for you as it did for for me, cheers :D

3. new2iphone2 macrumors newbie

I have a similar issue and found this thread to be useful, but can't go thru' the steps.

Here's my issue:

Under Network --> I don't see a Cellular Network setting. Just has VPN setting

I have a 1st gen iPhone.

Thanks.