Please help with iPod Touch problem! iTunes won't let me access my iPod!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by RiCEADDiCTBOY, Oct 6, 2009.

1. RiCEADDiCTBOY macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

It shows the icon on the screen to connect to iTunes - however, when I connect to iTunes it says it cannot connect because it is password locked. Help?!

2. RiCEADDiCTBOY thread starter macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

anyone? i have important info on it that i need to retrieve from my deployment...

3. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Force the iphone into DFU mode, and then do a restore.

4. RiCEADDiCTBOY thread starter macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

its an ipod touch and whats dfu? ..and if i do a restore..thats gonna delete my files?

5. markojug macrumors regular

How To put your iPod Touch into DFU mode is here

As long as you have a backup of your data- which iTunes should do automatically, your data is fine.

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

But any backup iTunes made will only be current up to the last time you synced. Anything you input since then would be lost.

7. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Yes, you are going to lose everything on it (had this happen to mine).

I"ve been using Palm's for a long time, and i have learned already with my Touch that i just don't trust it without syncing often. I can't do an external backup to card (like the one that runs on my phone daily), and some apps don't export the data. Which makes it hard to do what a Genius wants me too - restore and start over, NOT using the backup. So that data goes to never-neverland. UGH.

So NOT cool at all. Gee, time for another feedback note to apple - did one this morning already! LOL!!

ANyway, unless you can still get into your Touch and get the Data out another way - i'm thinking your are kinda screwed at the moment :(

I'm sorry.

As for your deployment (i'm assuming you are a soldier) - thank you for your service and welcome home.

8. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Use the link above to do DFU, but as long as your iPod is backed up in iTunes like I'm sure it is, you should have to worry about losing anything. :)