Please help with iTunes...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AwesomeWithAQ, Aug 12, 2007.

1. AwesomeWithAQ macrumors newbie

I just put an album on my iTunes and track 1 on the cd is in the track 11 spot on iTunes and it won't let me move it. All the info on it is correct and says track one. None of the other tracks on this album will move either. Any help would be greatly appreciated. - Q

edit: This only occurs in the playlist. In my library the tracks are correct, but I still cannot move them.

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Click the Track Number column heading to sort by Track Number

3. AwesomeWithAQ thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks...

Thanks. This helped in the playlist, but still not in the library. The tracks in the library are correct so I'm not too worried, but I'd still like to have a properly working library. - Q

4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Make sure there's no trailing spaces in either album or artist name on any of the songs.

5. AwesomeWithAQ thread starter macrumors newbie

?

What do you mean by trailing spaces?

6. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Make sure that there's no spaces at the end of either the artist's name or the album title.

"The Clash" ≠ "The Clash " and "London Calling" ≠ "London Calling "

The difference might even be more subtle than that, since e.g. alt+space is visibly indistinguishably different from a regular space, but will be read differently by the computer and thus alphabetized differently.